17 October 2010

Walking And Wondering


Several months ago, husband and I went out for a drive and came across an old cemetery located in Central, South Carolina. One thing that caught our attention were the tombstones and how some of them were made--many of the inscriptions were very hard to read. I tried to research this cemetery and was not able to find any information.

As I was walking and looking at each of the tombstones, I  kept wondering who were these people, what kind of life did they have and I also wondered if they had families at the time they died?  I was also thinking to myself, no matter the size of the tombstone someone thought the deceased was special and they deserved to be remembered. One of the tombstone was made from a tire rim and we saw many that were made by hand from concrete.

I did find my walk through this cemetery a learning experience and one that made me do a lot of thinking and wondering.

Wishing all a great week!

Best
Tracy :)

Made From A Tire Rim

Who Was M.D.?

Who Was J.S.G.?

Does This Say Mama?

5 comments:

Sarah Laurence said...

I've never seen a tire rim tomb stone - cool! You are a natural historian.

Nancy M. said...

I've never seen a tombstone like that! How creative!

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Thank-You, Sarah. I love to visit places and research all I can on the area. One is never to old to learn.

Best
Tracy :)

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Yes, it was very creative and to have somone care for their love one that way was touching to see.

Best
Tracy :)