To learn more about this great dish please click on: Ceviche
1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp salt
3/4 cup of lime juice(juice from 4-6 limes)
3/4 cup of lemon juice(juice from 2-3 lemons)
1 cup finely chopped red onion
1serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed, minced
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 cucumber, peeled diced into 1/2- inch pieces
1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* I added mango pieces--added a great flavor to the dish*
1. In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water, salted with 2 Tbsp salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute to 2 minutes max, depending on size of shrimp. (over-cooking the shrimp will turn it rubbery). Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
2. Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a glass or ceramic bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
3. Mix in the chopped red onion and serrano chile. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
4. Right before serving, add the cilantro, cucumber, and avocado.
*Recipe is taken from: Simply Recipes
Hope everyone will have a great week end!
*Inspiration for wanting to try this recipe came from Julie and her blog: moments of perfect clarity
|Shrimp Ceviche With Wheat Couscous and Grained Bread|