08 February 2011

Book Review

The Promises She Keeps by Erin Healy can be described as a very different book. I must be honest and say--it took me a few chapters to get comfortable with the book. The ending was an ending I did not see coming. I am happy, I finished the book!   

The main character, Promise has a terminal illness and she has a goal to become famous so people will remember her when she dies. She avoids death several times throughout the book. Healy also deals with autism. Chase who's character has autism falls in love and uses art to express himself. Other characters are a mother and son(Porta and Zack) who cannot get along. For some reason this story line seemed to worry me the most. Porta's character is the one you may end up hating.

Healy has a great way going from one storyline to another. Her writing keeps you wanting more and more! I would recommend this book--if you do find the first few chapters hard to get into--don't give up! You will be happy you read the book.

                                  

* I received this book from the publisher through Booksneeze. I was not required to write a positive review and my feelings on this book are my own thoughts.*

No comments: